MS Project Requirement
Please note: This course requires use of the Microsoft Project 2010 (or later) software application. The 2010 version and those released later are similar and suitable for the assignments. Please note the software is not compatible with Mac computers. The course requires a project management software application and in alignment with industry standards, CTU uses Microsoft Project. If you are using a Mac or Chrome Book, there are comparable project management software tools such as Project Libre , OpenProject or SmartSheet. Students who use a Mac should consider the best option to alternative software or use a PC with Project. An internet search for “Project alternatives for Mac” can provide many of these options. Students are expected to review the options and determine the best for success in the course deliverables. Communication with your faculty member early in the course regarding this issue or any others is strongly recommended.
Project management software such as Project 2010 allows project managers to input data related to the project and monitor the project’s progress. One of the first activities a Project Manager performs is to determine the project scope, which is the description of the final deliverable of the project. Once the scope has been defined, project managers can determine the work breakdown structure based on the work needed to the performed in the project. The tasks to get the work done are input into the project’s schedule. In Project 2010, the tasks can be input prior to creating the work breakdown structure. Please check with your instructor if this SW is required and to learn about the options to acquire it.There are two options for obtaining a copy of MS Project:
Option 1: Click here for instructions on how to download MS ProjectOption 2: Students may access 30-day free trials at the following locations: MS Project (for Windows users), Project Libre (for Mac users; Windows users should be able to use this as well), or SmartSheet (for Chromebook users).
- Conduct research and find at least 2 examples of how a risk in a project has impacted the project and the overall organization.
- Provide a short description of the project and the risk associated with the project.
- Address and provide support for the reason why the risk either did or did not impact the organization.
- Discuss if it is possible for a risk to impact just the project and to not harm the organization.
- Ensure you insert the links to your 2 examples for your classmates to view.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. Take the opposite view in your peer response posting and provide support for that position. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER