Unit 7 speech | English
In this unit, you discovered different types of special occasion speeches, such as a speech of introduction, a speech that presents an award, a speech to accept an award, a speech of dedication, a toast, a roast, an after-dinner speech, a eulogy, or a motivational speech.
In your initial post, recall a time when you gave a special occasion speech, or you saw one being given. You could also locate one online (for example, an Academy Award acceptance speech). In your post, please include the following:
- Who gave the speech?
- What was the special occasion? What was the setting?
- How did the speaker use emotion to connect with the audience?
- Evaluate the delivery. What did you notice that was effective about the delivery? Could anything have been improved?
- Is there anything you would recommend the speaker do better the next time?
- What advice do you have for any speaker who is experiencing anxiety before delivering their speech?
If sources are used, be sure to include citations and references in APA format.