Political Science 423 Final Exam Guide
The final exam addresses all of the assigned readings and lecture materials that we have covered since the beginning of the course. It is a single part exam consisting of short answer responses. You will have 2 hours to complete the exam. The exam is open-book and open-note and performed via CANVAS between 12:45pm to 2:00pm on Monday, May 14th.
Part I: Short Answers (400 points total / 200 points per question)
You will need to provide a 300-600 words per response.
- How has the War Powers Resolution of 1973 shaped presidential decision-making on the employment of US military forces?
- How did the Goldwater-Nichols Act of 1986 alter the role of the military in the policy process?
- How is “power” best described in today’s world? What instruments of power exist?
- How does the nature of the US political system (division of powers, cyber surveillance, democratic values) affect the national security decision-making process?
- What role do nuclear weapons play in providing long-term stability/security to the international order
** Please make sure to reference the related readings and slides that i posted to the answers for every question**