Assignment 2: Case Analysis—Nike and FOXCONN versus and International Labor Practices
There are certain important differences between developed and developing countries, some of which may lead to difficult ethical problems. The article in this assignment describes NIKE and FOXCONN’s production/manufacturing strategies that lead to labor controversies.
Read the following case study:
Analyze the case. In your case analysis, address the following:
- Summarize the basic issues of government governance presented in the report.
- Describe NIKE and FOXCONN business strategies and how they involved controversial manufacturing relations. Discuss your opinions about these strategies.
- Explain why firms such as NIKE choose to outsource and send abroad what they used to do at home.
- Explain how the tragedies at FOXCONN could have been prevented by the Chinese government.
- Describe how outsourcing in this article has taken away some corporate accountabilities.
- Do you think that NIKE and FOXCONN have manipulated the International Labor practices? Support your rationales.
- As the U.S. Secretary of Labor, explain how you would help enforce global labor practices in under developed nations around the world?
Submit your work in a 5-page Word document. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.