Collapse All | Expand All
You will create this assignment following the Assignment Detail instructions below. This assignment will be submitted in the Unit 1 – Submission Assignment lesson in intellipath.
Review the tutorial titled How to Submit the Intellipath Submission Assignment.
Please submit your work to this week’s Intellipath Unit Submission lesson. Click the Upload button within the submission lesson to access the submission area. Click the Select File button to upload your document, and then click “OK” to finish.
Review the scenario, and then use the following to create a journal entry. Journal entries provide the writer with an opportunity to collect their thoughts and reflect in a less formal way than they would in a traditional essay. Although a journal is not a traditional essay in format or tone, all of the elements necessary for good writing still apply, including attention to grammar, thorough proofreading and spelling checks, and presenting views in an organized paragraph structure.
Your company has sent you abroad to Japan for a business trip, and while at a business dinner, you notice that whale meat is on the restaurant menu as a traditional part of the local cuisine. Click here to review Japanese views on eating whale meat.
Write a journal entry which is 1-2 double-spaced pages in length that addresses the following questions. You are not required to include a cover page, but if you refer to information from your textbook or other sources, be sure you provide in-text citations in accordance with APA requirements. Make sure you refer to the rubric to ensure you address all the requirements for the paper.
- Description: Imagine how you would feel if you were in the scenario. Describe your reaction(s) to the situation. How do you feel about it? What is your initial reaction? How might you handle this situation at the restaurant?
- Interpretation and reflection: Reflect on the cultural aspects of the scenario presented. Do people outside of a culture have the right to criticize that culture’s values or beliefs? Why or why not?
Baseel, C. (2015, October 6). How do people in Japan feel about eating whale? We asked five people for their opinions. Sora News 24. https://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/10/06/how-do-people-in-japan-feel-about-eating-whale-we-asked-five-people-for-their-opinions/[rightSelectionMarker_Pc2e8R7NmM]
Assignment CriteriaProficient DescriptorPointsContent DescriptionJournal Description:
• Provides personal response to the issues raised in the scenario
• Demonstrates critical thinking in connecting the given scenario to key course concepts from readings and other academic resources.
• Makes relevant inferences through contextual explanations and examples. /20 pts.Interpretation/ReflectionJournal reflection:
• Demonstrates insight and awareness of the relevance of the questions and their cultural implications to the world and society
• Examines personal assumptions and explores alternative perspectives.
• Includes what was learned from engaging with the questions and how it will inform personal behavior in the future, demonstrating growth and awareness. /20 pts.Writing QualityJournal response is well-articulated, including in-text citations and references in accurate APA Style as needed, and is free from grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling errors./10 pts.Total/50 pts.
If you are planning to repurpose an assignment or submit one you have used before, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, he or she will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and reserves the right to post an F grade and submit a task for review to administration until proof of originality is provided. Click here for more information.
The following are some tips if you have problems submitting your assignment:
- Resave in the proper format per the Assignment Detail instructions, and resubmit.
- Submit with a different Web browser.
- Submit from a different computer.
- Call Technical Support at 877-221-5800, Menu Option 2. They are open 24/7.
- If you are still having difficulties after trying steps 1–4, please contact your course instructor.
Make sure you submit this assignment by the listed due date. Late deductions will apply for this assignment as follows:
- Assignments submitted within 7 calendar days after the stated due date: 10% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 8–14 calendar days after the stated due date: 20% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 15–21 calendar days after the stated due date: 30% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 22–28 calendar days after the stated due date: 40% penalty of total assignment points.
- No assignments, including late assignments, will be accepted after the end of the course unless an approved Incomplete has been granted