You will prepare and submit an annotated Webography outlining seven (7) Homeland Security/Defense websites. Attached are the following documents to assist you in being set up for success for this assignment:
1. Document titled “What is a Webography?”
2. A template example titled “HLSS502 Webography Template” will give you a glimpse of the start of what yours should look like. Note: these sites are not relevant to the websites you will choose.
3. Grading Rubric
- The websites may be federal, state, local, commercial, or private.
- Do not pick all federal government sites. Change it up providing various perspectives of the issues.
- Do not forget that you are reviewing the website – do not pick documents on a website, that will not meet the intent of the assignment.
- Catch the reader’s attention with dynamic photos (don’t forget to cite under them to give credit if they are not from the specific website you are reviewing. For example, on the cover page, you might use a picture you randomly found on the internet — make sure you cite to give credit where you got the picture).
- Don’t just tell what the selected website is about — explain what the strengths and weaknesses are that you identified.
- Don’t forget the introduction — tell the reader what you are going to cover.
- Don’t forget the Conclusion — tell the reader the key points of what you told them.
- Finding unique websites can make the assignment more interesting – this takes some effort. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
- Don’t cut and paste from the website — put things in your own words. If you summarize the website material, then I would not expect to see a citation as I will equate that you are relating the material to the website you are reviewing.
- If you use a direct material, then it is expected that you cite correctly and use quotation marks and the appropriate citation. You will have an extra page at the end of your Assignment that is a Reference List (and needs to be in APA style). It will include all citations for your web pages and any additional references that you use.