You are the senior clinical analyst for the Oakridge Health System. Oakridge Health System is comprised of Medicare-certified hospitals, home health, hospice, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term care facilities. The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) needs to identify a quality improvement initiative for the next fiscal year. You are tasked to write a white paper outlining the quality of care for Medicare-certified hospitals across the country.
Your white paper should include:
- Analyze your state and national health care quality based on the most recent year of data reported by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Identify one quality measure from your analysis to recommend for an initiative.
- Provide an evaluation of the quality measure outcomes using quality improvement principles that will support your initiative recommendation.
– Clear and thorough analysis of state and national health care quality. Includes comprehensive information on data reported by CMS with multiple supporting examples.
– Identification of one quality measure from your analysis to recommend for an initiative. Includes comprehensive descriptions for the quality measure with multiple supporting examples.
– Clear and thorough evaluation of the quality measure outcomes. And Includes comprehensive justification of the quality improvement principles to support recommendation with multiple supporting examples.