Instructions:This esssay is comprised of two components. The essssay must be at least 1000 words overall. Please include a works cited page as well. Part One:
- Begin by completing the following political ideology test:
- Advocates for Self Government a libertarian website:
- Pew Research Center for People & the Press:
- Next, analyze the results. Do you believe that these tests accurately measured your ideological leanings to the right or the left? Why or why not?
- Some people argue that there are no significant differences between the two major parties. Backing up your perspective with appropriate sources, what are the major differences and similarities in the views of the Democratic and Republican parties (e.g., this review of party platforms, 1856-2016 www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/conventions/party-platform-evolution/)? What are the primary areas of difference between contemporary Democrats and Republicans? How are the two parties similar? What are the consequences of these patterns for voters and election outcomes? For policy outcomes?
Esssays are automatically submitted to SafeAssign. Work that SafeAssign identifies as having more than a 10% rate of similarity after quoted material and small matches (10 words or less) are excluded will not be read and will receive a grade of 0..