Attached is the SRJ Logistics case study. You should review the case study and using the data in Exhibits 3, 4, and 5, complete the five discussion questions located on page 4 of the case study. Your response must be in a Word document. You will want to create your charts and graphs in Excel and copy them into the Word document.
1. The formulae should be written, and calculations should be in a detailed form.
1) Help Marsh organize the data by preparing a run chart.
2) Prepare appropriate process control charts to see if the process is in control. Is th receiving process in or out of control?
a. Process control charts should reflect the control limits as well as the spec limits.
b. Question 3 helps you identify the spec limits.
3) Customer service requirements determine that receiving process errors should never exceed 2 percent on any given day. What percentage of the days is likely to exceed 2 percent error, given the current performance of receiving? Assume a total of 8,000 transactions per day, 4,000 in each module. 4) Prioritize the set of actions you would take to ensure that more than 99 percent of the days have less than 2 percent receiving process error.
5) Can you think of a continuous improvement framework that Marsh can use as an engine to improve performance in the receiving process and other processes at Springfield