Understanding and employing effective teacher supervision and evaluation is a fundamental responsibility of educational leaders. As a new principal at a school level (e.g., elementary, middle, or high) of personal interest to you, develop a speech to be presented to your teachers at a staff meeting early in the school year regarding your personal beliefs concerning teacher supervision and evaluation. Within your speech, provide the following:
- A definition of teacher supervision and evaluation.
- Qualities of effective teacher supervision and evaluation.
- A differentiation between teacher supervision and evaluation, explaining similarities and differences.
- The value of teacher supervision and evaluation on student learning as well as on the relationship between you, the principal, and teachers.
- How you specifically plan to implement the supervision of teachers (e.g., classroom walkthroughs, informal observations and feedback discussions, working with teachers and students in classrooms).
- How you specifically plan to implement the evaluation of teachers (e.g., formal observations, talking with students, and feedback discussions).
- How you specifically plan to provide feedback to teachers based on your supervisions and evaluations of them.
Utilize the assigned reading for the course, as well as additional applicable sources when developing your speech.
Length: 3-5 pages, not including title and reference pages
References: Minimum of 2 scholarly resources
Your response should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.