Review the case study “Improving the Health of the Poor in Mexico.” (attached) Then, prepare your response to the following questions:
3 paragraph/350 words
This is a discussion post. Please make it understandable and pretty simple
-How do politics and economics influence health and health care from your own perspective
-analyze whether the political and/or economic systems play a major role in your or your family’s access to health and explain why.
Please touch on the following topics as well
· describe how government intervention using the program example described in the case study about the Progresa/Oportunidades program in Mexico, might benefit a health care system. Be specific and provide examples. In general, how do politics and economics influence health and health care from your own perspective?
· What might the benefits be of awarding the mothers cash grants as described in the case study about the Progresa/Oportunidades program?
· What social problems might be created by giving the mothers cash grants as described in the case study?
· As described in the case study, do you think the resources were ethically distributed? (Think about stereotyping.)
· What changes do you think should be made to the Progresa/Oportunidades program, if any?
· If the Progresa/Oportunidades program were to be discontinued for any reason, what could you, as a nurse, say that might help to maintain funding?
· Do you think a similar program, one like the Progresa/Oportunidades program, might work in your community? Why or why not?
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
Note Initial Post: A
-3-paragraph (at least 350 words) response.
-Be sure to use evidence from the readings and include in-text citations.
-Utilize essay-level writing practice and skills, including the use of transitional material and organizational frames.
-Avoid quotes; paraphrase to incorporate evidence into your own writing.
-A reference list is required. Use the most current evidence (usually ≤ 5 years old).