Your initial posting to this discussion will have two parts. The first part will be a brief review of and reaction to the documentary film you watched (if needed, refer back to the L12 Topics, Objectives, and Activities section) and the second part will present a targeted HIV prevention program.
Part One: Documentary Reaction and Ethical Considerations
Post a reaction to the documentary film you watched that addresses the points below.
- Provide the name of the film and summarize it in 2-3 sentences.
- Describe at least two factors noted in the film that can help us to understand why HIV continues to spread.
- Explain (at least) one ethical concern based upon the Principles of Ethical Public Health Practice that was highlighted or apparent within the film.
- What do you think was the most powerful take-away message from this film and would you recommend it to others? Why or why not?
Part Two: Targeted HIV Intervention
Imagine you are designing a targeted HIV awareness and/or prevention program to reduce the spread of HIV among a population that is impacted by health HIV-related disparities. Address the following points:
- Which group would you decide to design the intervention for and why? Use data to provide a justification for addressing this group and include references and citations, as appropriate.
- What risk factors would you be targeting in that group?
- What programs or services would your ideal program offer to prevent further spread of HIV among that group?
- How realistic do you think this program is? Would it face any barriers to implementation?